Fred Iverson, Acting Fire Chief
The mission of the Fire Department is to preserve life, protect property, and promote individual responsibility and community involvement. This will be achieved by the following actions:
Acting Chief Fred Iverson
- Providing well-trained and equipped firefighters
- Maintaining a communication system to provide immediate response to citizen calls for service
- Conducting effective fire prevention programs to maintain safety
FY 08 Goals
- Develop a strategic plan for the Fire Department to ensure effective and efficient emergency services needed for the future by September 30, 2008.
- Expand department efforts to promote fire prevention, including the presentations of a mobile community fire education-training center by September 30, 2008.
- Offer a Department wide CPR class for interested City employees by December 31, 2007.
- Assuming funding is available; complete renovations of the Fire Station by September 30, 2008.
- Work with business owners to correct deficiencies on fire inspections within 30 days of Fire Department contact.
- Conduct at least one major training drill with members of the Tuskegee Police Department, Macon County Emergency Management Agency, and other county emergency operation entities by September 30, 2008.
- Work with regional fire agencies to improve automatic aid in areas with overlapping or contiguous boundaries and formalize an agreement with each agency by March 30, 2008.
- Assuming funds are available; organize a City/County Special Response Unit by September 30, 2008. To include Mobile Command, Extrication Rescue, Confined Space Rescue, Rope Rescue, Trench Rescue, Haz-Mat First Response/Decon and Water Rescue/Recovery.